The Institute in year 2010 inaugurated an Award for excellence in governance, titled the “Champions of Governance (COG) Award” to be given to those organizations and individuals that exhibit the highest standards of practice of good governance, in line with its vision and mission.
The Award aims at promoting practices in good governance in the following ways:-
- Recognition of practice and application of good governance in the both the public and private sector entities.
- Recognition of innovations in organizations that support good governance.
- Encouraging organizations to focus on enhancement of good governance.
- Promoting and recognizing research work in relation to good governance practices.
The following parameters are evaluated:
- The Board
- Ethical Leadership and Corporate Citizenship
- Accountability, Risk Management and Internal Control
- Transparency and Disclosure
- Shareholders Rights and Obligations
- Stakeholders Relationship
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- Sustainability and Performance Management
The 10th Champions of Governance (COG) Award Gala Night took place on Friday, November 29, 2018 at the Sarova Panafric Hotel, Nairobi.