The Institute of Certified Secretaries (ICS) is a professional membership organization of Certified Secretaries established under the Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya Act, Cap 534, with its core mandate being promoting the practice of good governance in both the public and private sectors.
The Annual International Conference is one of the Institute’s premier events and is a high level Conference targeted for 500 local and international delegates in senior leadership positions from both the private and public sectors. The Conference will involve panel discussions, case studies and sharing of experiences from renowned global governance experts, practitioners and executives from leading corporates.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
1. Enterprise Security Governance
2. Proceeds of Crime & Anti-Money Laundering
3. Securing the workplace:
a. Combating Gender-Based Violence at Workplace
b. Occupational Health and Safety at Workplace
4. Identity Theft & Fraud Prevention
5. Security Starts with Me: My Role, My Choice
6. Governance of Social Security in Kenya
7. A Relational Perspective to Security
8. Huduma Number and data protection in Kenya: Separating Truths and Myths
9. Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence: Maximizing Benefits and Minimizing Risks
10. Security Governance: Risk Management, Control Environment and Business Continuity Plan
18 CPD: Members of LSK can transfer the CPD credits and earn CLE points.
NITA REGISTRATION NO: NITA/TRN/406
Kshs 45,000 and Kshs 55,000 for members and non-members respectively. Fees are payable in advance of the Conference and cover participation in the Conference, Training Materials, Institute Insignia, Group Photo, Certificate, Tea/Coffee and Lunch for the Conference Period.
Members above 60 and those below 25 years of age are eligible for 50% discount in Conference fees. This is also applicable for current student pursuing Certified Secretaries Course and who are below 25 years of age.
Participants who wish to be accommodated at PrideInn Paradise Resort, Convention Centre & Spa, Mombasa are requested to contact Edgar Gift , Sales Account Manager, Tel: (+254) (20) 8000 415-6 |(+254) 720-734 229 or e-mail email@example.com to make their accommodation booking. Accommodation rates at PrideInn Paradise Resort are as follows:
• Participants – Kshs. 9,500
• Children between 5-12 yrs- 25% sharing with parents of the double room rate.
• Children between 5-12 yrs -75% sharing in their own room of the double room rate.
NB: Accommodation should be booked and paid directly with the hotel and NOT through the Institute.
TRAVEL : Participants are requested to contact their travel agents to make their transport arrangements.
All cancellations must be notified to the Secretariat in writing; cancellations by telephone will not be acceptable. Cancellations, if any, received Monday April 8, 2019 will be eligible for a full refund. Cancellations received after Monday April 8, 2019 but before April 17, 2017, will be eligible for refund less 15% administrative expenses. No refund will be given for cancellations reaching the Institute after April 17, 2019.