The Institute of Certified Secretaries (ICS) is a professional membership organization of Certified Secretaries established under the Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya Act, Cap 534, with its core mandate being promoting the practice of good governance in both the public and private sectors.
This high level premier International Conference is one of its kind targeted for delegates in senior leadership positions from both the private and public sectors. The Conference will involve panel discussions, case studies and sharing of experiences from renowned global governance experts, practitioners and executives from leading corporates.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
1. Beyond Shareholders: Embracing Stakeholders.
2. Boards of the Future: Looking Beyond Numbers.
3. ICT Governance Risks and Benefits:
(a) Big Data Analytics vs Business Intelligence;
(b) Combating Cyber Crime and Identity Theft;
(c) Managing Technological Innovation and Creativity;
4. Comparative Studies between Malaysia and Kenya:
(a) Anti-Money Laundering Laws;
(b) Impact of Culture, Religion and History on Governance;
5. Intellectual Property: The antidote to Innovation and Economic Growth.
6. The Impact of Interlocking Directorates and Foreign Ownership on Sustainability.
7. Emerging Issues on the Role of Legislature in Leadership, Governance and Ethics.
8. Weathering Inter-generational Conflict, Political Turmoil and Global Trade Wars: The Case of Asian Tigers.