This seminar intends to address issues specific to Corporate Secretarial Practice and governance. In particular, the seminar will focus on Share Registration, Dividends Management and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs). Emphasis will be put on key best practices as well as governance and compliance requirements under the Companies Act 2015. In this regard, the scope to be covered in this first CS Practitioners’ seminar includes best practice in:
1. Role of CS in Share Registration, Dividends Management and ESOPs.
2. Management of Unclaimed Dividends and Shares
3. Shares Transfers: Methods, Reasons to Refuse Transfer, Tax Implications of Conveyance of Shares.
4. Over-The-Counter Share Transfer.
5. Share Transmissions and Immobilizations.
6. Management of Bonds.
7. Employee Stock Option/Ownership Plan.
8. Management and Processing of Dividends.
9. Share Register Maintenance.
10. Managing Shareholders Relations.
11. Shareholder Rights.
12. Dividend Plans.
13. Dividend Policy.
This seminar is designed for those involved in matters related to Share Registration, Dividends Management and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs). It is open both members and non-members and will be of great importance to Certified Secretaries, Corporate Secretarial Assistants, Share Registrars, Lawyers, Legal Assistants, Accountants, among others.